Sunday, December 2, 2007

Review #23: Drive Thru (2007)



Cast/Notable Credits:
Brendan Cowles & Shane Kuhn (Directors)

Leighton Meester (Mackenzie): Killer Movie (2007), Gossip Girl T.V. series (Pictured right)

Nicholas D’Agosto (Fisher): Hereos T.V. series (West)

Melora Hardin (Marcia): The Office T.V. series (Jan)

Rachael Bella (Starfire):
The Ring

Trailer:



Plot:

Horny the Clown, franchise mascot for the Hella-Burger joint seeks revenge on California teenagers because their parents had burned him to death years earlier. Horny the Clown…that’s right you heard me, Horny the Clown. Now that’s awesome. Why can’t more fast food restaurants come up with icons like that?

I don't think I have to go say anything more than that. A killer burger joint clown mascot seeks revenge on a community.

Villain:

The film features a killer clown named Horny. He looked pretty cool and bad ass not dumb and gay like the clown Pennywise from It. He looked demonish and swung a big ole’ mean axe around at his victims. Me so horny, I love you long time.

Cast:

A bunch of annoying teenagers, and dumb cops filled the vacancy for this one. Surprisingly it had two characters from my favorite T.V. shows, Jan from The Office (That's what she said!) and West aka fly boy from Heroes.


It also starred one of the hot school girl looking chicks from the Ring. Rachael Bella…pictured right. Me so horny, I love you long time. Apparently she’s married to Edward Furlong. Man, what did he do right and where do I dip into that dating pool?

SFX/Gore:

Twelve souls went bye bye in this one. There were some pretty interesting ways to die. Horny is an equal opportunity killer. I don’t think I’ll ever look at the French fry greaser in the same fashion any more. The SFX weren’t too bad considering the film was a low budget film.

TNA:

Eight hot chicks…me so horny, I love you long time…and a sex act. Unfortunately there were no boobs. They were there, I could see them wanting to pop out of the girl’s tops, but they didn’t. Especially during the little temptress bedroom scene. One of the film's hotties, Nicole Cavazos pictured left. Also pictured below is Leighton Meester, the main squeeze of the film.

T.Gun's Take:

A killer clown seeks revenge. Not just any killer clown, but Horny the Clown. You can’t write scripts better than that. Sure there's a lot of plot holes, but what did you expect from a film featuring Horny the Clown?

Drive Thru wasn’t a bad cheesy horror movie to watch. I don’t know if the film makers were trying to be funny intentionally or if they were trying take themselves seriously and it was embarrassing. The television commercials for the Hella Burger joint played on the background televisions were freakin’ hilarious.

Drive Thru was a good waste of time, but it also was nothing special. For me, I have a bad habit of getting sucked into bad cheesy movies and watching them over and over. I suspect that if I ever come across this one on the tube, I'll end up wasting an hour or two watching it.

Misc. Movie Trivia:
-Film released on May 29, 2007 and went straight to DVD
-Leighton Meester was conceived while her mother was out on bail (She was eventually sentenced to 10 yrs for a marijuana drug cartel)


No comments: